Re: California fires

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: California fires
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:33:26 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=huk/KbQ6OIo4XwUi2dbEmPOx/xc0ONubxc0BACofCXM=; b=RDLiMDCOnI2s/drZzJ5M8MJrSiGKciW080wwc43QhypW/cghEPJDirZ8aXQ/eTLUb8 3oy4JTc8jIz3xn5wuShcGrDphq3VVjE77g3RWpzdbjlSFo9yc38T1TgNyWcxHqIZGguI h1X9wUC9ZHl2GavRsQ8RI+6Q5QS7Fn4y26gF4=

No kidding.  Is it my imagination, or does it seem like there are a lot more
wildfires than there used to be?

> My brother emailed last night that his wife's house (a  house that she
> owned
> before they got married, now a rental) was spared, though vegetation was
> burned. They still haven't been able to contact friends in the area, so
> don't
> know whether the friends are burned out, or evacuated. 140+ houses burned
> in
> Yorba Linda. They didn't know until yesterday that Jackie's house was
> spared.
> They expect it will at least need repainting and a good cleanout, plus the
> landscape work.
> Keeping fingers crossed.

Pam Evans
Kemp TX