Re: MG

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: MG
  • From: "Jesse Bell" <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:32:05 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=+XGmbzCBPwwDsZUPpiBTDM0UTKO8cCyigkUaOlw/nkw=; b=VPjSfQJIl+SzcTxSHw+9vT8P3XMpBI+YehuVAgcvICRgs9IYbGndUKyPGSNI+Xh7QO a8z4Tr3OuZ5CDKoFEgZSuN2ofddKRs74cFxOXtV9gKXqcf+9p6KwFtMWTTLT1YCIhVow xVSuItiZ/t7x4ZbMoQfKfzfhesWPemDmA020w=

Interesting string of e-mails...I can totally see how the generations get
their "work ethics" and social skills.  I was the last year of the baby
boomer...so I'm not quite one of them, but I don't fit into GenX.  I became
latch-key my last two years of high school because my mother had to go to
work (1978, bad economy) and my dad almost lost his business.  Plus I was
the next to oldest so I had to help with the younger ones because the oldest
had already left home.  But my children's generation was not only latch-key
(mine went to a neighbors house until I got home from work) but they are the
computer/cell phone generation.  Instant gratification...attention span of a
gnat half the time because it "takes too long".  Less patience for things.It
will be interesting to see how my grandchildren turn out.....

--
Jesse R. Bell