Re: Visitor
gardenchat@hort.net

This was a beautiful animal.  Its fur was really long and rich-looking.
I have often wondered if they would make good pets if de-scented.
We often know they are around at night because of a faint odor, but
never but once in all our years here has one of our cats been sprayed.
Raccoons are the ones that have caused damage both to cats and to
property.
We saw an opossum one night recently.  Now that's my idea of an
ugly animal.
With our pond down so low in the drought, we have, surprisingly to me,
had a great blue heron pretty regularly.  They have only come once in a
while in the past.  However, this summer we didn't see any otters,
and in past summers they have been fairly frequent visitors. I think
the low pond must have been the reason - it was lower than it
ever has been before.  Up now a bit since the rains, but not nearly
where it should be.
Auralie

In a message dated 11/15/2010 5:45:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,