Fall greetings

Dear all: It has been a while since I had time to pop in and say hello!
Hope all of you are doing well. The weather here in central Iowa is getting
colder...we had a lovely real autumn this year...it got cooler when it was
supposed to and stayed that way for many, many weeks before the onset of
winter. But all good things must end, and we are now preparing for the cold
to come and stay. I think we have had several atypically cold, wet falls
for the past few years so this was a nice return to how it should be. I
actually have found some spare time this year and most of the gardens are
in pretty good shape for spring...as Meghan steps further into adulthood
and independent parenting of Sophia, my time becomes a little more mine
again. Can you believe Sophie turned 3 last week? Meghan is now a freshman
in college, working 2 jobs and overall for an 18 year old mother, she is
doing well. My son Mark is now a junior in high school and busy with
debate, government club, Boy Scouts (looking towards his Eagle Scout
project in the spring) and at 6' doesn't seem to be slowing down with his
growing anytime soon...the boy is eating us out of house and home. Our
youngest Morgan is a freshman in high school now and an awesome student;
she is by far the sassiest and most independent of my children, but I just
keep telling my husband that it is not easy raising an independent, strong
woman who will not be a door mat for the rest of the world...she is just
practicing on us, first. LOL! Hope we all survive! I do manage to pop in
and read the emails from the list about once or twice a week and of course,
those of you who are on facebook it is easier to keep up with. I really
miss being a more active part of the list but really feel like I'm making
my way back here as time becomes more available for me. Take care and have
a wonderful Thanksgiving...blessings to you all. Melody