Re: storm..../ contacts
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: storm..../ contacts
  • From: James Singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 15:01:44 -0800

I think the demise of list is a product of our being indoctrinated in
consumerism, with chasing the next shiny thing that some huckster drags along
behind his circus wagon. Anyone remember hula-hoops or cabbage patch dolls
from the pre-information age?

On Nov 4, 2012, at 2:27 PM, Daryl wrote:

> I think it's sad that the lists are going dormant. While I agree that
sometimes they can bring on information overload, they're much easier to
follow, especially now that Facebook has gone flakey. I can have my email
program sort messages from this or other lists into folders and read them at
my leisure. I follow a couple of groups on Facebook like the Business of
Garden Writing, but Facebook decides what it will display at any one time. And
Twitter is impossible unless you are on it all of the time.   Bah, humbug.