Re: storm....at last
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: storm....at last
  • From: Patricia Dickson <pdickson53@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 19:52:30 -0600

Auralie,
It is so great to get online and see a message from you!  Yeah... for power
and internet.  I am sorry to hear of your husband's fall and hope he is ok
now.  You are such an inspiration .... planting bulbs while your power was
out.  ( making lemonade out of lemons)!

My husband and I have been cutting cedars off of our 160 acre farm ( all
native grass pasture with creeks running on 3 sides)  Today we spent the
most beautiful fall day cutting without the power saw. We just used
clippers and a corona hand pruner  We have been working on this project for
years and getting closer all the time but still more than I want to think
are left to cut. The trees left are all down in the canyons, among lots of
other trees and wicked vines.  It is like we are exploring our land for the
first time ever.  Up and down and over limbs and canyons to cut a few
trees.    We don't get to spend the entire day cutting very often and even
today when we stopped to drive to town ( 15 miles) for lunch we ended up
taking a side trip to the lake, Fort Cobb Lake.  There were so many ducks
and birds.  It was a beautiful calm blue water, but very low from the
drought.
Great to hear from you!!

--
Patricia Dickson