Re: storm....at last
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: storm....at last
  • From: TeichFauna@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 14:17:08 -0500 (EST)

Sounds wonderful!!!
Noreen

In a message dated 11/16/2012 7:55:08 PM Central Standard Time,
pdickson53@gmail.com writes:

My  husband and I have been cutting cedars off of our 160 acre farm (  all
native grass pasture with creeks running on 3 sides)  Today we  spent the
most beautiful fall day cutting without the power saw. We just  used
clippers and a corona hand pruner  We have been working on this  project for
years and getting closer all the time but still more than I  want to think
are left to cut. The trees left are all down in the canyons,  among lots of
other trees and wicked vines.  It is like we are  exploring our land for the
first time ever.  Up and down and over  limbs and canyons to cut a few
trees.    We don't get to spend  the entire day cutting very often and even
today when we stopped to drive  to town ( 15 miles) for lunch we ended up
taking a side trip to the lake,  Fort Cobb Lake.  There were so many ducks
and birds.  It was a  beautiful calm blue water, but very low from the
drought.
Great to hear  from you!!