Re: storm....at last
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: storm....at last
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 15:32:08 -0500

Is he willing to use something like a rollator? Dad wouldn't use a walker, and it took him even a long time to get him to use his cane, but the rollator really works well for him. He has a balance problem and also shuffles, despite PT. When he was in his 80's, physical therapy helped quite a bit, now, not so much, but he'll be 99 in January.
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Deals-Rollator-Walkers/lm/R2HM6C5JWPJJ5W

Nothing exciting.  Just his own feet.  He really shuffles along and loses
his balance.
He tripped on the edge of the driveway this summer and damaged his face -
had to
have plastic surgery, but that's all healed up now.  He was better after he
had some
weeks of physical therapy last spring.  If I can get him to go back - as
the doctor has
prescribed - I am sure it will help.  I guess he does reasonably well for
his 85 years.

Auralie