Re: storm....at last
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: storm....at last
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 15:53:47 -0500 (EST)

He has used a cane for several years, and has a walker.  He says he is
willing to use
it, but usually carries it held up instead of rolling it along.  He has
been willing to go
to the Metropolitan Museum and be pushed around in a wheelchair a few times.
When we flew to the West coast last summer for our family reunion and 60th
wedding
anniversary, he agreet to flying first class an having wheelchair
assistance.  My son
who works at Alaska ordered wheelchairs for both of us - I think Chet was
expecting
me to push him.  It was really great because the pushers knew exactly where
to go
instead of having to wander around trying to find the right gates, etc.

I bought him a new cane today - one of those with four feet.  I think it
will be sturdier
than the one he has been using - one that had belonged to his father. I
guess we
will weather this episode, but don't know when to expect the next.
Auralie

In a message dated 11/17/2012 3:45:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,