Re: storm....at last
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: storm....at last
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:01:15 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 11/21/2012 12:10:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cathycrc@comcast.net writes:

Hope every one is doing better now, both in health and storm recovery.
Been up to my ears editing the "member news" section of the Army Nurse
Corps Association quarterly newsletter. Just sent in the last of it.
Free at last! Want to wish all a very Happy Thanksgiving. (I did
Thanksgiving dinner last week for my daughter from LA, who wanted to
take advantage of cheaper airfare, so we will go out tomorrow.
Normally, I hate eating out on holidays, but no way am I cooking
another turkey.)
Cathy, west central IL, z5b

Chet was doing well until Sunday when he had a bit of relapse.  We've seen
couple of doctors and they don't find anything - just say be careful and it
will
take time.  He still uses the walker and can't go down the stairs to his
office.
Oh well.  I know others have much worse things to worry about.

Here's wishing everyone a blessed Thanksgiving.  Neighbors have invited us,
and though I've offered, she says don't bring anything.  For many years I
made
great Thanksgiving dinners - sometimes for as many as 24 people.  Then at
some
point all our kids had grown up and all the godchildren were married and
wanted
to have their own family Thanksgivings, and I agreed that they should, but
we were
left without a gathering.  At that point we started going to Chincoteague,
Va. for
Thanksgiving, and did that for 20 or so years.  Then three or four years
ago, Chet
had one of his spells, and I was frightened of being off down there with no
help, so
we haven't been back.  I really miss it.  I used to love, especially our
stop on the
way at Bombay Hook, Del. where we would see literally thousands of snow
geese.
We have a pair of Mallards on our pond these days, but I really long to see
those
snow geese.  Don't think that will happen.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving1

Auralie