situation here

I have a bit of a situation here, and without going into massive
detail.... thought maybe this chat group could help...

Tomorrow DH is bring yet another tree home... He describes it as ... the
one you wanted... DUH!, I want/like many trees, but sounds like it is in
the birch family. (don't bother to ask the correct name or size- he
doesn't know)

The problem is tonight is our first frost, but I am sure it will not be
a hard freeze. It is supposed to warm up after this, but at this time of
the year, who knows what next week will bring....

Thoughts about what extra something I should do since this is being
planted too late in my opinion?

Zone 5, IL
Who hopefully didn't send any D56 messages here- cause I sent this one
to them the first time:( ---Guessing I need some rest!