Re: Hi/hardening hibs

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Hi/hardening hibs
  • From: David Franzman dfranzma@pacbell.net
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:53:05 -0700

Hi Donna

If you brought your hib in without hardening it off you can expect some
yellow leaves.  Not to worry they will grow back.  Do you have it in
front of a well lit window?  When these hibs suffer stress they will
lose leaves and may drop some buds.  It will get used to it's new
location and be just fine.  Check for spider mites inside.  If you get
mottled yellow leaves or see webbing give it a shower.  Otherwise these
are pretty resilient plants.

Glad you're enjoying it.