what does your garden grow

I find it interesting to see what plants seem to take off in what
gardens, even in the same zone. My garden seems to like orange cosmos,
fuchsia celosia, bronze fennel, Ajuga repatans, Ceratostigma
plumbaginoides, Rudbeckia fulgida, Vernonia gigantea, Buddleia davidii,
Cercis canadensis (I pull these out like weeds), and Liriodendron
tulipifera...all of which seem to reproduce with no effort.

These may be the easiest for all to reproduce but I find myself giving
these "passalongs" fairly frequently, especially to new gardeners. Let
me know if any of you are interested.

Also, started my Master Gardener's course. There are a couple of Master
Gardeners from other regions in the class...one from Florida where is
soil, plants, and climate are completely different. The first class was
on lawn maintenance...not one of my favorites as I don't favor a lawn
for me. Recently read that Americans first had kitchen and cottage
gardens. The lawn evolved during the Victorian era when people visited
on foot. It allowed the view of people walking to "visits" and provided
a nice entrance for those coming to the front door. Also, using shrubs
in the front of the house was due to the need to cover up unsightly
construction when homes were raised to put in furnaces and plumbing. I
am not sure what "lawns" are for now, other than exercise.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN