Internet weather forecasts

I use AOL, but I figure it works the same with other browsers too. On the
welcome screen, one can click on "weather" for the local forecast, and on that
screen, there are further links to weather information for specific interests
such as travel, skiing, gardening, etc. On the gardening screen, there are
10-day forecasts for temperature, precipitation, and frost and freeze warnings,
etc. I frequently see (esp. this time of year) the chance of frost listed as
"none", where the freeze warnings will have low, moderate, or even high for the
same days. I don't understand this. What is the difference between frost and
freeze, and why the discrepancy? And how could there be a freeze with no frost? I
even wrote in where I could submit a question, but no one bothered to answer.

And speaking of frost, my min-max thermometer showed a low last night of
31.6.  Luckily, nothing appears to have been damaged. Whew! I guess today is the
day to finally get all those tender things I want to dig up, along with
containers and houseplants, finally in the house. Lots of work to do today!

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY  zone 5/6