holiday decorating

Yes, several problems came up including the flu putting him in the hospital.

I used to decorate a little for Halloween, but recently got rid of the last
of it.  Halloween just isn't what it was.  When we were kids we'd be out 3
nights from 6 to almost 10.  Now it's scheduled one night 5-7 and the kids
can't get anywhere til at least 5;30 cuz they have to wait for parents to
get home from work.  I still enjoy it though - sans decorations.  I buy up
toys, books, and stuff on sale or clearance throughout the year, then set up
a table outside and they get to pick what they want.  Whoopie cushions,
matchbox cars, mardi gras beads, stuffed animals, slinkies, fake tatoos.
It's fun.

As a child in Chicago we always drove to the "doctor's houses" to see the
decorated houses at Christmas.  When I got this house I decided mine would
be the decorated one.  I love coming home to Christmas lights.  I used to do
the roof line and everything, but when they put up the new gutters it made
it more difficult to get up there, plus the roof was soft (got that replaced
this summer), so I gave the lights away.  I still do the porch, over the
garage and the arbor though.  I use the dusk timers so the lights are on
when I arrive home from work.

How about you all?  anyone else decorate for the holidays?  - oops! just
remembered! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, gotta call my sister.

Kitty