Re: woolly bears was: strange gardening year

> From: Zemuly@aol.com
> Thanks for the site, Marge.  Just saw another Woolly crossing the
> today.  Don't know why, but they crack me up.

You're welcome, Zem...they also crack me up and are one of the few
caterpillar I make a point of carefully placing out of danger when
they appear - usually in curled up form because they've gotten raked
out of somewhere.  I'm sure the eat something, but since they are not
found in massive quantity; they can't do much damage.  They also put
up with being petted, which not a lot of wildlife does:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :