Re: OT.. cat post

From the way that was written, Yahoo seems to think it is funny or
strange (why would anyone steal cats?), but they don't seem to realize
why. There are all sorts of reasons someone would steal cats - none of
them good.

In the past cats were frequently stolen to be sold for high school
biology experiments. Most of this now takes place in Mexico and are
shipped up here. Since this took place in PA, it's probably not for that

Cats and dogs have been stolen to be sold to labs for experimentation.
These labs usually buy from breeders, but sometimes they don't ask
questions. Pets are stolen and end up as experiments. Possibly someone
who needed the money stole the cats for resale.

Cats are frequently the focus of torment by youngsters and teenagers. I
wouldn't put it past some unsupervised teens to break into a shelter to
obtain victims.

Lastly, something occurred to me on a semi-positive note. Locally, a new
law has been instigated limiting all households to no more than 7 cats
and dogs. It has a lot of people upset. It's possible that in PA they
have a similar law and these cats were confiscated. Then someone broke
in to rescue them rahter than allow them to be euthanized.

I love cats; too bad a lot of people don't.