Re: wagons and carts

> From: kmrsy@comcast.net
> Jesse mentioned her gardening wagon.  What do the rest of you use?
----------

I like the idea of your cart, Kitty, but think it wouldn't work here
on my hilly place.  I have a big GardenWay cart (ancient) and a small
one plus two wheelbarrows.  One wheelbarrow has a plastic bed; it's
light but starting to wear out.  The other one was a Christmas gift -
metal bed - same size as the one with the plastic bed.  It was so
shiny and new until Craig and I took down this dead pine and the damn
thing fell on it and mashed it.  Craig beat it back out so it works,
but it has a definitely lop-sided personality now.

I use the carts for hauling pots and huge loads (the big GardenWay
cart holds an immense amount) and the wheelbarrows for hauling soil
and things where I need to get somewhere on a smaller wheelbase.

I use all my carts all the time:-)

Also got a nice, sturdy hand truck last year and do not know why I
did not get one years ago.  It is fantastic for hauling really heavy
pots and large rocks that you can't lift.  A few bungee cords to hold
things steady and you can move a small mountain with it.   If I'd
only had it when I was building that raised bed garden with all the
big flagstone, life would have been *much* easier.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade