Vacation Rtn

Good morning!  I have rtnd from our vacation.  Had a wonderful time.  We flew
into New Orleans, stayed in the French Qtrs at an old hotel, built in 1870,
which had a fabulous court yard packed with plants.  Included were 2 huge
magnolia trees and a peach blooming burgmansia loaded with bloom and unbelievable
fragrance.  Traveled thru Mississippi, Alabama and into Ga to Athens where I
got to view the botanical gardens and then to the Univ test gardens.  Enjoyed
both immensely.  As my husband and I were in the gardens at the Univ we were
pleasantly surprised when Alan Armitage walked out of the greenhouses.  Had a
warm short conversation with him and he asked if there was a plant I would like
to take home but had to turn down the offer since we were flying.  We then
traveled on into Ga to Helen and their Octoberfest.  They do like to have fun!
Then on to Bryson City, NC for a gospel concert on Sat from 11 am - 6 pm.  This
was on the mtn side looking westerly to the stage backed by the mountains, sm
stream at the bottom and many colored trees but they were not at their peak.
Leaving there we progressed on to Gatlinburg Tenn which was a VERY slow trip.
It is 13 mi from the summit down into the village.  This take 3 1/4 hrs,
bumper to bumper and sitting at a stand still a good % of the time.  This is the
Branson of the SE.  From there we reversed our travel ending again in NO & the
French qtr.  I have always wanted to attend Mardi Gras but after spending 2
evenings on Bourbon St during the week, I believe it would be smart not to
pursue that dream.  We traveled on SouthWest always early arriving at our
destinations.  I would pass on an offer of peanuts, however.
    The wagon/cart which Kitty pictured is like the wagons we use at the
greenhouse.  We also have db deck wagons with the same design.  The great thing
about these wagons is they will turn on a dime which is a real advantage in the
greenhouse.  I more often use a 10 gal bucket to haul my tools around but I do
have a red wagon and also a collapsible John Deere cart (a retirement gift).
    We just added 16' to our pergola which is located on the west side of the
attchd garage over the brick walk and extending south.  The first section is
flush with the front of the house & garage and is the entrance to the garden
by a gate.  This will give me additional opportunity for vines.  It must be
painted yet and I have scrolly brackets to make yet which will be added at the
top against ea post.  This carries the design from the ft porch & the gate
    Weather is still nice today but a cold ft is moving in.  What a nice
indian summer we have experienced.  Need to get bulbs (lilies, daffs, Hyacinths
and a new one for me, Triteleia) planted today.  The lawn was just aerated this
morning.  Still have cannas to dig at my offsite garden.
    This is a catchup message but much to long.
        Ceres, Iowa zone 4/5