Re: bulb planting

In a message dated 10/30/2003 11:21:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

> I'm personally not fond of BG, himself, but would like to have the daf by
> that name.  Very lovely. Too $$$.  Your other selections sound great, though
> I've only grown 'Itzim".

I wasn't expressing admiration for the person, but I  think cultivars of
plants named for  celebrities are frequently distinctive.  I love the miniature
rose 'Amy Grant' even though I'm not a fan of hers.  This daff just looked like
a winner, and totally different from anything else I  have.

Mabe Van Engelen was not at fault, though the order also included Crocus
'Goldilocks;' Anemone blanda 'Blue Star;' and Tulip 'Little Beauty,' but Scheepers
(you know the connection) completely lost the order I had sent the same day.
When I finally called to find out what had happened, some of the things I had
ordered were sold out.  I think they have a problem in their order
It's another lovely day so maybe I can get the rest of the bulbs in.