Re: bulb planting

Yes, every company can screw up. To save yourself some trouble though,
order early. That way you get a confirmation in the mail well ahead of
the time you expect to receive the bulbs - plus you are less likely to
run into "out of stock"s. I place VE and JS orders in June (for limited
availability items like orienpet lilies) and late July for everything
else. Confirmation postcards usually arrive in late August.

Yes, every company can screw up. VE made a mistake on my order, too; a
data entry error. I wrote that I had to RECEIVE my order no later than
the 26th so they entered that it should be shipped the week of the 22nd.
They shipped on the 24th and my order required a 3day UPS time, so
arrived the 29th. doesn't sound like much of a problem but I had
scheduled 7 people for the 28th to repackage the bulbs. To be fair
though, not all the bulbs were in stock yet because the Dutch containers
had been sent back out to sea because of the impending hurricane. They
arrived on the 23rd and had to be unloaded and they can't ship when they
unload. Still, VE could have sent what was already in stock earlier.

Kitty