Re: Just a test

That seems to be the general reaction, David. I heard one commentator say "if 2000 was the year of the 'sigh', this may well become the year of the 'smirk'."

On Friday, October 1, 2004, at 04:25 PM, David Franzman wrote:

No actually Marge, I didn't use the bags. I was actually quite pleased. And surprised! There were many things left unsaid but for the most part I was pretty happy about it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 11:31 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Just a test

Correct David.  I think that most people have been lulled into a
false sense of security in this country re: our civil liberties.
We've (well most of us)  always had them so have no idea that they
could disappear in a flash...or be eroded away as is now happening.
Only those who have come from totalitarian countries to this one
realize what living without guaranteed civil liberties is like and
most of them probably are afraid to speak up.

Scary times, these...and I'm not really referring to 'terrorist'

Did you use the bags?

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Corydalis

From: David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net>
Remember Marge, that as we lose most if not of our civil liberties
security is the most important thing in most folks lives. It must
because most people don't say a peep. Then when some brave soul
does they
are shot down as having something to hide or just plain unAmerican.
if you don't believe that "What is good for G.M. is good for
America" you
will be labeled a rabble rouser or worse and imprisoned.

DF (Preparing for the debate. Barf bags are handy)

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a