Re: Just a test

yes he did

----- Original Message ----- From: "cathy carpenter" <cathyc@rnet.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 4:03 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Just a test

And didn't A.Lincoln suspend habeas corpus?
Cathy
On Saturday, October 2, 2004, at 02:31 AM, David Franzman wrote:

I know we digress from garden talk with this but I can't help but wonder what's more terrifying, having planes slam into your office building with no warning or "Redcoats" ride onto your farm in the middle of the night? Both in my mind would be scary. Lest we forget by the way John Adams had the Sedition Acts passed during his presidency and something similar during Woodrow Wilson's term and lets not leave out the Japanese during WW II I think it's not the quest for security that surprises me as much as those who attempt to gain from the fear. That's the reprehensible part. True courage is standing up to those who torment us without giving up our souls.

DF
----- Original Message ----- From: <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com>