Re: Yippee! Starfish is blooming!

You sent me a cutting of it too Jim. About 2 years ago. I didn't have it
in the right soil or something cause it hardly grew...this spring I
repotted it and put it on the back porch (shade)...it has REALLY grown.
Maybe next year I'll get my flower. I love this plant.

Jesse R. Bell

james singer <jsinger@igc.org> wrote:
This is one of the most interesting succulent flowers ever, I think.
Let me re-phrase that. All of the species of this genus that I am
familiar with are absolutely fantastic when flowering; this particular
one has likely the largest flower, but if you remember the "lifesaver"
flower picture Donna posted for me, that's one of this one's smaller

And every time any of ours bloom, we walk around with smiles on our

On Monday, October 4, 2004, at 07:20 PM, Andrea H wrote:

> Came home today and my Starfish flower is blooming. Stapigella
> something? Jim?
> It's the big one. the flower is about 6-7 inches across. I've been
> watching
> the bud all week. It's the neatest thing ever. It does smell a bit
> though, but
> it's coolness overcomes that. YAY! Had to share.
> Andrea H
> Beaufort, SC
> http://www.hort.net/funds/
Island Jim