Re: Computer aggrivation

I may get one of those for myself tomorrow when we fetch Ms. Fatma's new PowerBook. I have a wireless keyboard now, and it's great.

Incidentally, I've noticed wide variation mouse performance, and I think it has to do with the surface of the ball--and not just "dirt." I had a good mouse at work that I lost in one of our hurricane drills and was replaced with a new, bottom-of-the-line Microsoft mouse. The upshot is the new mouse can't get reliable traction on my mouse pad. So I swapped out the mouse pad for a local telephone book [unsized paper, but heavy--maybe 24 pound stock] and now the mouse works fine.