Today's event at the nursery.

Well.... decided to send this again.... since I think it got lost during
the hort problem.... if you are seeing it twice... oops, sorry.

Yep. Wayne had a nice affair once again... lotsa food, drink, and

I inquired about the tree you suggested Zem, (Acer palmatum
'Sango-kaku'), and he claims to have gotten two in the spring but they
were sold quickly. Claims he will get more in next spring and promised
to call me....we will see.

So since I couldn't get that or a few others that were suggested to
me.... looked around and yep, came home with three other trees. I guess
they are all about 7-9 ft tall, so they are not huge, 10 gallon size.
Anyways, who knows about them, because of course, I had no intention of
buying them before I got there. (I need to start carrying some books
with me again)

Quercus imbricaria Shingle Oak.

Kimus parvifolia 'Allee Lacebark' Chinese Elm

Acer saccharum 'Green Mountain' sugar maple

I also bought another clematis Josephine Evijohill- pretty double

Since I was tree shopping, John decided to go with (or, he hear food and
was there)... so also got 6 small boxwoods (Green Velvet) and another
unmarked evergreen type for his railroad.

Also grabbed a few tulip bulbs so the voles will have something to munch
on.... Flaming Parrot.

Anyways, thought I didn't do too bad for just under a hundred bucks out
the door.... Basically, he had the 60% off sale + 10% more if you were a
garden club member.... so at 70% off.... well.... the SUV had stuff
burlaped and hanging out the back window LOL! Almost went back for two
other trees.... but came to my senses when I got home.:)

I remember us discussing ginkgo's but darn if I could remember if I
wanted it or not? Nice trees...but there was something about them and
could not remember while there. Of course with John there, he is a ....
if you like it, just buy it and lets go person..... so didn't get a
chance to really discuss my choices with the staff..... Ergh.

Wayne did mention that he would continue the sale if I decided to come
back and get anything else this season.

BTW, lunch menu was sliced beef with BBQ on a bun, potato soup, potato
salad, cole slaw, chips and dips, cheese and crackers, fresh fruit
salad, and a zillion deserts....along with wine, pop, coffee, tea, and
apple cider.