my nephew

I just got an update from my sister about my nephew Sam. He was interviewed
for an article in the Dallas News.  There's also a photo. (great to see his
face again!!)  You can't read the article unless you log in which I'm sure
most of you wouldn't want to do.  The article is about a wrecker crew in
Iraq and how they have to go out at all hours to..." A military police unit
was blasted by a roadside bomb on patrol in northwest Baghdad. American
soldiers are standing on a blockaded street in the dark, waiting for a
wrecker to retrieve their battered Humvee."

 The only part about Sam is that his is the debilitated humvee they are
picking up:

"Mr. Compton hops out of the truck and directs the driver of a 40-foot
Landoll flatbed up to the Humvee, whose extra-armored steel doors are pocked
with ball bearings and shrapnel. The tires are shredded, and the thick side
windows shattered.

The Humvee's driver, Spc. Sam Stahlhut, 20, of Fort Wayne, Ind., limps
around the wreck, amazed that everyone on the 21st Military Police Company
patrol walked away from the attack.

"That ball of fire came right at my face. I guess the extra armor really
works," he said. "This is my fourth IED (improvised explosive device)."

Full article -with Sam's smiling face!! -

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/dmn/stories/101104dnintwreckers.4cc6.html

Kitty