My caladiums went all limp the first really cool night.  They're not quite
dead - just lying
on the ground.  Should I allow them to die completely or cut them off now?  I
have never
really tried to save caladiums before, but for reasons too complicated to go
into I ended
up with quite a lot of bulbs last spring and they have been quite handsome
all summer.
Usually I just think I will get more next year, but I doubt I'll ever buy
this many again, so
perhaps should try to save these.  Just don't know how to proceed.  Any
advice is