Fw: Mastectomy Bill in Congress

Hi Gang...I don't usually do this, but this was sent me by a dear
friend whose sister has fought breast cancer, so I know how important
it is...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Corydalis

===========
Mastectomy Bill in Congress

NOTE : WHEN YOU SIGN-UP, PLEASE GIVE YOUR NAME AND ZIP CODE ONLY.....
Other info is OPTIONAL....please pass this on to all your friends and
family...

Breast Cancer Hospitalization Bill - Important legislation for all
women.

Please send this to everyone in your address book. If there was ever
a time when our voices and choices should be heard, this is one of
those times. If you are receiving this it's because I think you will
take the 30 seconds to go and vote on this issue...and send it on to
others you know who will do the same.

There's a bill called the Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act which
will require insurance companies to cover a minimum 48-hour hospital
stay for patients undergoing a mastectomy. It's about eliminating the
"drive-through mastectomy" where women are forced to go home hours
after surgery against the wishes of their doctor, s till groggy from
anesthesia and sometimes with drainage tubes still attached.

Lifetime Television has put this bill on their web page with a
petition drive to show your support. Last year over half the House
signed on.
PLEASE!!!! Sign the petition by clicking on the web site below. You
need not give more than your name and zip code number.

http://www.lifetimetv.com/health/breast_mastectomy_pledge.html

This takes about 2 seconds. PLEASE PASS THIS ON. THANKS