From: Theresa
Sent: 10/13/2004 10:38:25 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] OT: bad week- need to play in dirt

Hi all-
Sorry I haven't been too active on the list lately work + school gets
kind of overwhelming...and then add in the new nightmare I have found
myself in.  Allow me to vent:

Last friday headed from a school over to work, some lunatic woman ran
across a very busy road (the hospital is located there) without paying
any attention (or perhaps on purpose) and RAN INTO the drivers side of
my car.  This was while I was driving down the road!  Yes, she was on
foot, and yes I slammed on my brakes and swerved away from her as much
as possible as soon as I saw her- but she was only about 2 steps from my
car when she was visible to me, because of all of the other traffic on
the road.  Scared me to death- I screamed when she hit my car, even
though she did not.  She apparently wasn't severely injured, as she then
ran up to my passenger side window and said "I'm Ok" before I even had
time to get out of the car.  She refused togo  to the emergency room and
just kept saying she had to "check in at school" and left with someone
she seemed to know.  I got her name and phone number before she left.  I
went directly to work, which was right around the corner and called the
police, insurance company etc.  I didn't realize it until I parked at
work that she had actually dented the side of my car! Well, my hunch was
correct, and so this week I have been dealling with her husband calling
my work saying she is in the hospital, the sherriff's dept wanting a
statement (I've called them back 3 times and still they haven't returned
my messages), etc. etc.  What a total pain in the neck-  I am just
furious about this.  Today I got the phone call from one of those smarmy
TV personal injury lawsuit lawyers.  My auto insurance is of course
handling it, but still- I've had to waste hours on the phone dealing
with this, she sacred the daylights out of me in the first place, and
I'm going to end up paying $250 deductible for my insurance due to her
reckless behavior (and I'm sure my insurace premium is going to go
up!).   Who the heck over 3 years of age runs headlong into the street?
Oh- I forgot the best part- about 20 minutes after the accident last
friday- her Drug Court Probation Officer called to confirm that this
woman was indeed in an accident (apparently in this woman's mind
"school" and "probation" are the same thing.)   I certainly hope that
drug tested her that day!
 So, it's been just a lovely week.  I will no longer answer my phone at
work and boy do I want to get rid of this car now-  I'll want no
reminders of this once it is all over!

So- I'm taking the next 2 days off of work (and instead will spend
tomorrow doing homework), but on Friday I'm going to get in the garden
and hopefully regain some sense of calm over my nerves!

http://www.hort.net/funds/