Re: Re: *sigh*

> I still am amazed that an
> election was held in Afghanistan and the first one
> to vote was a 19 year old
> woman.  My nephew, Russ Shinn, has recently gone
> to Iraq.

Tricia,
did Russ get his absentee ballot filed before he left? We are so
concerned about the voting taking place in Afghanistan and hopefully
soon in Iraq, but our own soldiers are being thwarted in their efforts
to place their own vote. My nephew applied for his absentee ballot in
early August and one of his buddies applied in June. They keep asking
but there is no sign of these showing up. they are supposed to be
hand-delivered to the soldier. If their vote doesn't get postmarked IN
the US by election day, it does not count.

Kitty