From: gardenqueen@academicplanet.com
Sent: 10/14/2004 9:40:24 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT: bad week- need to play in dirt

Oh Theresa - what a dreadful experience for you! What a lunatic this
broad is! Ugh - hope they do drug test her, the nitwit. Will say a
prayer about that tonight! Responsibility, can anyone even SPELL that
word any more?? Cripes.

Pam Evans Kemp, TX zone 8A ----- Original Message ----- From: Theresa Sent: 10/13/2004 10:38:25 PM To: gardenchat@hort.net Subject: [CHAT] OT: bad week- need to play in dirt

Hi all-
Sorry I haven't been too active on the list lately work + school gets kind of overwhelming...and then add in the new nightmare I have found myself in. Allow me to vent:

Last friday headed from a school over to work, some lunatic woman ran across a very busy road (the hospital is located there) without paying any attention (or perhaps on purpose) and RAN INTO the drivers side of my car. This was while I was driving down the road! Yes, she was on foot, and yes I slammed on my brakes and swerved away from her as much as possible as soon as I saw her- but she was only about 2 steps from my car when she was visible to me, because of all of the other traffic on the road. Scared me to death- I screamed when she hit my car, even though she did not. She apparently wasn't severely injured, as she then ran up to my passenger side window and said "I'm Ok" before I even had time to get out of the car. She refused togo to the emergency room and just kept saying she had to "check in at school" and left with someone she seemed to know. I got her name and phone number before she left. I went directly to work, which was right around the corner and called the police, insurance company etc. I didn't realize it until I parked at work that she had actually dented the side of my car! Well, my hunch was correct, and so this week I have been dealling with her husband calling my work saying she is in the hospital, the sherriff's dept wanting a statement (I've called them back 3 times and still they haven't returned my messages), etc. etc. What a total pain in the neck- I am just furious about this. Today I got the phone call from one of those smarmy TV personal injury lawsuit lawyers. My auto insurance is of course handling it, but still- I've had to waste hours on the phone dealing with this, she sacred the daylights out of me in the first place, and I'm going to end up paying $250 deductible for my insurance due to her reckless behavior (and I'm sure my insurace premium is going to go up!). Who the heck over 3 years of age runs headlong into the street? Oh- I forgot the best part- about 20 minutes after the accident last friday- her Drug Court Probation Officer called to confirm that this woman was indeed in an accident (apparently in this woman's mind "school" and "probation" are the same thing.) I certainly hope that drug tested her that day!
So, it's been just a lovely week. I will no longer answer my phone at work and boy do I want to get rid of this car now- I'll want no reminders of this once it is all over!

So- I'm taking the next 2 days off of work (and instead will spend tomorrow doing homework), but on Friday I'm going to get in the garden and hopefully regain some sense of calm over my nerves!