Re: Re: bringing the yard inside/ oil & gas

> From: Gene Bush <genebush@otherside.com>
> Marge,
> We just had our LP tank filled last week. Delivered it is $1.29 per
gallon
> if paid for when delivered. If they bill for the delivery it is
$1.32.
> Handed the man a check for $478.00 to fill our tank. If we are
careful that
> will get us through this winter and late spring. We only use the
gas for
> cool, but not cold evenings. When cold actually hits here we will
build a
> fire in our woodstove and keep it going. Wood has been delivered
and it is
> stacked for the winter now. $35 a face rick delivered. I now have 7
ricks
> stacked. We ants are ready. Broke, but ready for winter.
----------
Does sound like you guys are ready for winter.  I am NOT, in any
sense of the word!

This reminds me that I need to get someone in here to install a
woodstove that a friend gave me that has been sitting in the laundry
room all summer.  Weighs about 8 tons - well, not really, but it
takes about 4 guys to lift it...need to get a chimney co., I think,
as I need a flue liner; want to put it in a fireplace in the kitchen
sitting area that we can't use because the one in the living room has
such a powerful draw it just smokes up the house.   Think this would
help cut the oil consumption significantly.  Have enough wood around
here to fire it up; only difficulty is that the wood is not cut in
stove size pieces....well, before I deal with THAT difficulty; need
to get the stove in working order:-)

BTW, the Pachsandra arrived safely and I got them potted up tonight
as I'm not sure when that garden will be ready to plant - really nice
root systems!  Thanks!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade