Re: Heating the indoors, the yard outside,too...and a question...

Marge, as I'm sure you don't need me to tell you, dwarf in these plants
refers to rate of growth rather than ultimate size.  The definition I have been
given is a growth-rate of 3-6" a year.  The Mugho pine we just had to remove had
been there for 34 years, and despite my pruning, had reached 10 feet in each
dimension, which is just about on target.It sounds as if yours has grown a bit
faster than that - 28 years shouldn't be more than 14 feet plus the original
30" - 2 /12 feet more makes 16 1/2 feet,  That's still pretty big.  Isn't it
frustrating when the problem arises just because the plants are doing well.

In a message dated 10/17/2004 3:15:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,