Re: Plants from Gene

In a message dated 10/19/2004 3:19:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cathyc@rnet.com writes:
Any chance you have the causative organism of verticillium wilt in your
soil? I made the mistake of planting Monkshood in a spot where a
Japanese maple previously died of the disease  --  not realizing that
Aconitum is succeptible.

Don't think so.  Haven't had any particular trouble with it. I suspect
Gene is right that it is a matter of being too dry. Both plants are in
dry spots - and it has been dry all summer.