Re: Acquisition

It's in a 7-gallon pot now [I just re-potted it from a 5-gallon; I wanted to check out the root ball]. It's about 5.5 feet tall by 2.5-3 feet across. It has two stems. As soon as it recovers from the re-potting, I'll find some place to put it in the ground. I expect it will get as tall [or almost] as the green one, which would be 20 feet. As soon as it gets established in the ground, early summer, say, I'm going to sacrifice one of the stems for cuttings. The stem will grow back, so the loss will be only temporary. This is only the second one I've ever seen, Marge, And when I did a google search, I only found one reference to it, to one that's in a private collection in [I think] Lakeland.

On Thursday, October 21, 2004, at 01:51 AM, Marge Talt wrote:

From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
Here's a link to a picture of my variegated Schefflera
actinophylla, my
new sweetie.

http://davesgarden.com/pdb/showimage/57741/
----------

I want it!  What a drop dead gorgeous plant!!!  If I were Ms F, I'd
be very jealous as if that were my child, I wouldn't be able to take
my eyes off it.  How tall is it?  Looks pretty good size to me.  I
had no idea Schefflera came variegated...another one for my long lust
list!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade