From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Marge Talt
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 3:04 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] kitchen disasters was: Andrea/Fine Gardening/Salvia

Well, Bonnie, I wouldn't say dedicated, but if you only knew how
vital gravy is to my crew, esp. my DH, you'd know there wasn't any
other choice if I wanted peace at the table:-)

Last year, the 'kids' did Thanksgiving and I sure hope they volunteer
again this year.  I don't mind creating the Xmas feast,
really......but I can live without doing 2 of them within a month.

Your table setting does sound most elegant.  Security couldn't deal
with candles..sheesh!

You've got me beat...I don't even know what  Spaetzels are, much less
how to make them:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Corydalis

----------
> From: Bonnie & Bill Morgan <wmorgan972@ameritech.net>
>
> Thou art indeed dedicated, Marge!  Four Thanksgivings after
recovering from
> surgeries seems to have cured me of "doing it all."  Now it's up to
the
> girls to do their part and bring it all in.  I don't even kill
myself
> setting a smart table anymore.  There are paper plates and plastic
> tablecloths (especially when the grandchildren come over.)  Of
course, I
> never was a "good" cook, but I really used to enjoy creating a
holiday
> presentation rather than just setting the table.
>
> We held a wedding shower at work and I was designated to decorate
the table.
> I got all sorts of comments from the guests saying they felt they
had
> actually attended the wedding just from the table setting.  Mind
you, I only
> decorated one table.  I think the silver serving pieces and the
warming
> stands (with tea lights to keep the food warm) may have had
something to do
> with that as well as the candles (frowned upon by security, of
course) and
> flower arrangements.  What dish did the bride request?  Sauerkraut
and
> Spaetzels...one thing I really know how to make!  Had I dropped the
batch,
> I'm not so sure I'd have started from scratch!
>
> Blessings,
> Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

On Behalf

http://www.hort.net/funds/