Re: OT--disturbing

I've been following this story too, Jim.  You're right.  It is very
disturbing.  The sales from the heroin that will be produced from these crops
is bound
to be a financial boon for al Qaeda and/or the Taliban (whose still running
around Afghanistan).

Alot of that heroin also is likely to end up in this country.  We'll probably
see an explosion of heroin use in this country like there was with cocaine in
the '80's.

Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7

 "When we send our young men and women into harm's way, we have a solemn
obligation not to fudge the numbers or shade the truth about why they're
and to never b ever b go to war without enough troops to win the war,
the peace and earn the respect of the world."
-- Barack Obama

In a message dated 10/28/2004 6:06:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,