Daylight Savings Time

I got back that hour I saved in April today, so I spent it puttering. HD--had to go there for potting mix, handing basket chains, and a couple of clay pots--had a whole table of 1-gallon ground orchids [Spathoglottis plicata] for $8 each. We've had pink ones and purple ones in the front patio for years. So today, I picked up a mostly white one and a mostly yellow one. These will be planted in a shady area outside the back door.

I moved the two transplanted fig trees [I'm really pleased with them, if you can't tell] to a quasi nursery area and put micro irrigation sprinklers in their pots, and gave each a handful of osmocote. These were 6-inch cuttings I made this spring, and now they're 3-1/2 foot tall baby trees. Can't wait [but I'll have to] to get them in the ground next summer.

Weather was really great today. Low humidity, high temperature around 80.

And, Auralie, I found this great site for IDing wildflowers from the Four Corners area.

http://www.swcoloradowildflowers.com/index.html

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W