Re: They're at it again

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] They're at it again
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 09:25:55 -0600

A good idea Donna.  We are telling our people to be sure to wear their
badges, but I doubt that does much if you're bent over a shovel.  I'm not
sure how well a tshirt would go over.  There are times I'm there everyday, 8
days running and a single shirt would get pretty ripe!  Also, Purdue changed
our Logo 2 yrs ago and people still haven't bought new stuff, me included.
Now our new nursery head wants us to get shirts for that too.

Hijacking my own subject here....I started and headed our MG nursery for the
past 5 years.  This past year we doubled last years sales.  But I had
increasing difficulty lighting a fire under people so had to do a great
amount of the work myself.  Even with that, they were all complaining that
they were overworked.  Yes, they were overworked, but not by me - these are
all people who spread themselves too thin and gave more of themselves to
everything but the nursery.  So I've handed the running of it over to the
only other participant who is willing to really put the time in.  She wants
to think of us as co-leaders, but I'm staying behind the scenes.  Maybe she
will be more successful at inspiring them because she thinks along the same
lines as the Hort Ed.  He had told me I needed to throw parties for these
people and take them on trips - which just meant more work for me.  This new
leader though wants to do parties and get us matching t-shirts (hence the
segue into this topic) and go on trips, so maybe she will be successful.

Kitty