Snake

We keep our garage door open most of the time. We keep garden tools, chemicals, seeds, and a garden computer in there; no cars.

This afternoon when I went into the garage, I discovered we have a black snake in there also. I don't know if the little guy [it's only about 18 inches long] lives there or just wandered in out of the rain.

Anyway, the garage has a terrazzo floor. The whole house and all the porches had terrazzo floors when we bought it. We installed Mexican tile throughout the house, but the porches and the garage are still terrazzo.

When I went into the garage I startled the baby snake--well, we mutually startled each other, I guess. Black snakes--also called "racers"--are very fast. But the little guy couldn't seem to get traction on the terrazzo. It made all the right moves; it just didn't go anywhere.

So I waited and watched until it managed to wiggle itself under the washing machine.

When I told Ms. Fatma about the snake and what I'd seen, she said: "I hope Beans doesn't find it."

End of report.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W