Re: What a week! (I'm baaaack!)

In a message dated 10/03/2005 11:12:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cathy.c@insightbb.com writes:
I read that cats are unable to taste "sweet", which is one
explanation for why they are carnivores.
I somehow doubt that.  One of my cats loves the cookies my DH gives himself
at night.  She hears him open the package and comes running. Climbs right up
into his face and tries to snatch the cooky. He will crumble bits of it for
her and
she eats them up eagerly. If another of the cats shows an interest, she
defends
her property.  Of course they say cats are color-blind, and I don't believe
that
either.  All of them are artists at positioning themselves on the most
attractive
background color - the blacks always choose red if that's an option.  The
white
one likes blue better.  The tortie will always settle on a pillow with gold
and
beige tones that set her subtle coloring off to perfection. The others never
choose
that particular pillow.
Auralie