From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Cersgarden@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:31 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Perennial Sat

Just saw the list of speakers at ISU Perennial Sat event.   Rich, you may be
happy to know the Fri session is in Omaha at the Botanical Gardens rather
than
on the east side of our state.
     Dan Heims, Terra Nova Nurseries President
     Lois Girton, Schnable Laboratory Outreach Coordinator
     Nancy Rose, University of Minnesota Horticulture Educator
     Charlene Harris, Advance Master Gardener
     Elvin McDonald, Better Homes and Gardens Magazine Editor
     I am wondering if Charlene Harris is the same CH that is in the Conifer
Society.   Lois is from Ames, teaches at Grandview College in Des Moines, a
wonderful gardener, great speaker and specializes in siberian iris & grass
but
has been speaking on 'the story of corn'.
     Elvin lives in West Des Moines, came to us from the east coast and has
gardened with a whole list of well known gardens & gardeners.
     I am so excited to have Dan Heims who have had on my list of suggested
speakers each year.
          Ceres