Re: fern name

Kitty, for what it's worth, my A. sprengeri is very thorny; my A. densiflorus "Myers" is thornless.

On Oct 5, 2005, at 10:50 AM, kmrsy@netzero.net wrote:

I've been looking for one on the internet when I have time. I haven't
had time to take a pic of this one because I've been getting things
ready for the bulb sale. We also feature houseplants at the bulb sale
and I have 3 of this fern given to us by a local garden center that
closes up in JUly and heads to Florida.

They will be fine without a name, I just like to be able to label things
correctly. I also like to write a cultivation sheet for each houseplant
when possible.

Kitty

-- Theresa <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Do you have a picture??

Theresa

Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

I'm inclined to think it is some type of Asparagus Fern, but it is not
sprengerii or densiflorus 'Meyersii' (Foxtail). It's much finer than these
and very gauzey. Definitely not maidenhair.

Kitty