Re: Snake, now lizard, now Noh

You are entirely welcome, Kathy. For some reason--I'm not sure what--I toured Noh plays in my junior college year. Maybe for a drama class, but I'm not sure. Since then, I've been struck by the role of ritual in seemingly ordinary human interactions. And all other animal interactions. And possibly [I've thought about this but not hard enough to bust my fragile noggin] plant interactions, such as tomatoes and marigolds. Of course if one takes this too far without scientific underpinning, it's "nanu nanu."