Re: everybody outside today?

Judy, congratulations! When you say miniature rose, are you referring to
the flower or the plant? We have Rosa 'Fairy' in 2 of our display
gardens and, while flowers are small, these are good-sized bushes.

Kitty

-- "Judy Browning" <judybrowning@lewiston.com> wrote:
Fighting a cold here so hunkered down keeping warm. Just out long enought to
get to the car, but I did notice the John F Kennedy rose in front has a
beautiful half open bloom. Down to 40F or maybe a degree or 2 cooler at
night. No frost as yet, the hostas are turning yellow & I'm starting to move
my tender pots in. Nice thing is, the afternoon temps are equal to house
temps, so plants are making the change well.
If you can stand another brag, I got a best of show on a branch of Fairy, a
polyanthus rose. It was also given best "miniature " rose, and the Donny
Barstow Memorial Award. The latter two are cash awards as well as big
ribbons. This is the biggest floral award I've ever received. Other entries
that got blue (1st place) were Cimicifuga Brunett, Astilbe (a neat pink &
purple bloom spike), Adiantum pedantum, Japanese painted fern, and
colchicum.  I was volunteering in Needlework department & almost didn't take
time to enter any flowers. Glad I did!
Pam I hope you get some rain (without any excitement, OK?).
Judy B
z6 Idaho