RE: everybody outside today?

It's been raining all weekend (supposed to rain all week).  Besides rain,
it's cold and damp inside.  For some reason, which I had better check out, I
took an almost cold shower today.  We keep the house quite cool as a rule.
I tend to get cold easily, so there are lap robes on the couches and chairs.
I almost always have a cat in my lap as well, but sometimes I still can't
get warm. I'm a tad hypothyroid, so that doesn't help matters.

I worked outside last week, but I have lots more to do! I have vowed to get
EVERYTHING in the ground, mulch spread, and garden paraphernalia cleaned up
before winter!

 I couldn't find much in the way of bulbs locally, so today I spent a few
hours looking through catalogs and placing an order with John Scheepers.
I've never ordered from them before, but they had the best prices of the
catalogs I had around.  Has anyone placed an order with them before?  They
are connected with Van Engelen.

Does anyone grow an allium that stays compact (maybe 15") and blooms in late
summer? One of my friends has two varieties that I'm lusting after! One is
labeled A. 'Blue Skies', but I can't find it for sale anywhere.

Christine Petersen   Northport, Long Island, New York

 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)

Daylily Events: http://www.widom-assoc.com/flowers/index.html