RE: hum....

Sounds like you are doing things the hard way.

Being cheap :) -- head over to McDonalds or Burger King or similar type
place. Get one of those large drinks that come in a plastic cup. Note that
the cups allow for tons of depth, but not the width of a gallon pot. We
found by adding some holes in the bottom, you use much less soil/room, the
plants get a better grip on surviving, and you can upgrade them to a gallon
or other size in the spring... and if you are doing mail order, just pop
them out, wrap and send!

Feel free to use your imagination on how we acquired enough of those
cups.....and nope, we didn't buy em.

Donna