Re: germination temps was: hum....

> Am always curious about absolutes in seed
> germination instructions:-)  Ma Nature knows no absolutes :-)
> So true, Marge.  I decided years ago that any time someone tells me that
> something in the plant world must be done in one exact way and no other,
> I immediately make a mental note that that person doesn't know what he/.she
> is talking about.

In this case it sounds like Nyssa sylvatica is an exception -- you get much
better germination with constant cold temperatures.  And since it's Mike
Dirr's favorite tree and he's spent years trying to find better ways to
propagate it, I figure he knows what he's talking about.  ;)

That sounds confrontational -- it wasn't meant to be.  I'm just tired.  The
boiler guy is here and gave me a $500 quote for repair.  Ack!

Chris