Re: everybody outside today?

I brought in all the houseplants - early, but there was a frost
possibility, and no way am I taking them back out. Hope the bananas
will adjust to the lower light levels (have never had them as
houseplants before). The weeds are tag-teaming me: first the hot
weather, drought tolerant ones, now the cool weather varieties.
Arghhhhh!!
This afternoon the local community college horticultural students
(most going into the nursery/landscaping area rather than florist/
houseplant area) are having a "lab session" checking out my yard.
Emphasis on annuals and perennials (in mid October!) - you'd think
that they would organize the school year more logically... Well, I'll
try at least to give them something to think about - if they use
their imagination!  DH has started working with a local landscaper to
create a retaining wall for the proposed garden railroad, and an
extension of the existing patio for viewing it. Work will probably
start in 3 weeks. The track is on back order, though, so we can only
hope it will arrive before the area is done.
Also, I have a killer recipe for a roasted red pepper soup, if anyone
wants it.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b